In conjunction with the annual Na Liko Na’auao event, a faculty member who exemplifies outstanding mentoring of student research and/or creative activities will be honored.
Who is Eligible for Nomination?
Any faculty member at Chaminade University of Honolulu with a record of student mentoring that includes:
- A history of undergraduate student project mentoring that surpasses normal expectations
- An ongoing commitment to providing students with research and/or creative experiences that go above and beyond the classroom experience
- Promoting the value of active student involvement in research or the creative process
- Supporting faculty-student and/or faculty-student-community collaborations
- Contributing to the professional development of students
- Any day undergraduate student participating in Na Liko Na’auao may nominate his/her mentor. The student should submit a letter of nomination describing in detail the nominee’s achievements in mentoring.
- Any particularly pertinent documentation of mentoring activities that cannot be adequately described in the letter of nomination (e.g., community letters/news articles citing mentoring activities, pictures or descriptions of student project products) may be included.
- Letters should be submitted to Claire Nishiguchi by March 17, 2017. Letters may be submitted in person in CTCC 256 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be chosen by a selection committee.